Working Hard for you…
…Creating a better Blacksburg for us all
- The 2013 Blacksburg Town Council Candidate Forum, sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, is available for viewing from the LWV’s web site at www.lwvmcva.org or on YouTube.com under “League of Women Voters, Montgomery County, VA, Candidate Forum, October 3, 2013.”
- “In Support of Susan Anderson” by Alyssa Seidorf – The Burgs Letters, Roanoke Times, November 3, 2013
- “In support of Susan Anderson and Cecile Newcomb” by David Roper – The Burgs Letters, Roanoke Times, November 3, 2013
- “Blacksburg recognized for green efforts” – The Burgs, Roanoke Times, October 31, 2013
- “Town wins ‘green’ award” by Aastha Batra – Collegiate Times, October 31, 2013
- “In Support of Susan Anderson” by Richard Shryock and Sharon Johnson – The Burgs Letters, Roanoke Times, October 27, 2013
- “A Q&A; with Blacksburg Town Council Candidates” by Melissa Powell – The Burgs, Roanoke Times, October 26, 2013
- “Re-elect Anderson and Newcomb for Blacksburg Town Council” by Margaret Breslau – The Burgs Letters, Roanoke Times, October 13, 2013
- “In support of Susan Anderson” by Ben Crawford – The Burgs Letters, Roanoke Times, October 6, 2013
- “In support of Susan Anderson” by Tom Sherman – The Burgs Letters, Roanoke Times, October 6, 2013
- “Blacksburg Council candidates discuss housing, development” by Spencer Dennis – News Messenger, October 5, 2013
- “Planned Parenthood calls for youth’s energy and voice” – Collegiate Times, October 4, 2013
- “Election lineup set in Montgomery County” – Roanoke Times, June 16, 2013
- “Rally sought to empower women” – Collegiate Times, March 30, 2013
- “Photos: Taking back the night in Blacksburg” – Roanoke Times, March 29, 2013
- “Social House to bring new entertainment” – Collegiate Times, February 4, 2013
- “Sentimental send-off for a lady of letters in Blacksburg” – Roanoke Times, November 28, 2012
- “Redevelopment ideas for old Blacksburg” – Roanoke Times, November 14, 2012
- “Open all night: Waffle House comes to downtown Blacksburg” – Collegiate Times, August 27, 2012
- “They remember: Recollections from April 16, 2007” – Collegiate Times, April 16, 2012
- “Drillfield art project to raise awareness of sexual violence” – Collegiate Times, October 11, 2010
- “Students march to stop violence against women” – Collegiate Times, March 25, 2010
- “Big box continues to provoke questions” – Collegiate Times, November 9, 2009
- “Town council welcomes new faces” – Collegiate Times, November 4, 2009
- “Blacksburg Town Council candidates for consideration” – Collegiate Times, p. 3, October 28, 2009
- “Four for Blacksburg Town Council” – editorial endorsement, Roanoke Times, NRV Current 10, October 18, 2009
- “Candidates weigh in on growth” – Roanoke Times, NRV Current 4-8, October 18, 2009
- “Meet Blacksburg’s Candidates” – Roanoke Times, NRV Current, 8-9, October 18, 2009
Please Vote! - November 7 6 am - 7 pm
Your vote is important not only for Town Council, but for Blacksburg’s Mayor, House of Delegates, Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General.
League of Women Voters Candidates Forum - October 12, 7 pm
The League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, the local branch of the NAACP, and the local branch of the Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy invite your participation in its forum with Blacksburg mayoral and town council candidates. The forum will be held in Blacksburg Town Council chambers at 300 South Main Street. If you are unable to attend the forum, please view the YouTube video posted by the League of Women Voters at www.lwvmcva.org.
Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce Candidates Forum - October 10
The Chamber is hosting a morning forum at the Hyatt Place Blacksburg for candidates running for Blacksburg offices to share our platforms with the business community.
Mixer with New River Valley Home Builders Association - October 5
October 5, Susan will participate in an evening mixer hosted by the New River Valley Homebuilders Association at the Blacksburg Country Club. Candidates will introduce themselves and share some of their key goals for the Town of Blacksburg.
Greens at Virginia Tech Candidates Forum - October 4, 6:30 pm
Members of the Greens at Virginia Tech invite students and community members to participate in a forum with Town Council candidates, Mayoral candidates, and 12th District candidates to the Virginia House of Delegates at the Graduate Life Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
Downtown Blacksburg Meet & Mingle - September 27, 5:30 pm
Town Council candidates Susan Anderson, Lauren Colliver, Ken Jones, and Susan Mattingly will meet and mingle with Downtown Blacksburg, Inc., members at Shelter Alternatives, 701 Progress Street in Blacksburg.
Montgomery County Democratic Committee - September 21, 7 pm
The Dems are hosting Town Council candidates at their September meeting at the Montgomery County Health Department, 210 Pepper Street in Christiansburg.
Gobblerfest - Virginia Tech Drillfield - September 8 4 pm - 7 pm
Chat with Susan at her campaign booth. Pick up campaign materials — flyers, lapel stickers, bumper stickers, and yard signs. Sign up as an “Anderson for Council” volunteer.
Steppin' Out - August 4-5 10 am - 8 pm
Chat with Susan and Susan Mattingly at their Steppin’ Out campaign booth at “Community Connections” (located in the Farmers Market area). Pick up campaign materials — flyers, lapel stickers, bumper stickers, and yard signs. Sign up as an “Anderson for Council” volunteer.